[HACK] Login for price

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
Crisper

Re: [HACK] Login for price

Post by Crisper »

I can say from experience that login for price is very very bad idea, it's a turn off for customers.

Me first, I don't go trough registration if I don't see prices, why should I bother if vendor is forcing me to register and to give my personal data if I only want to see products and prices. You are giving bad messages to customers who have first contact with you.

How would you feel like if you go to market, and in front of the entrance is a bodyguard who takes your ID and all your data that you can see prices?
Not everyone's situation is the same. Just because this doesn't work for you, doesn't mean it isn't right for someone else.

We are a wholesale supplier and don't sell to the general public, only to existing customers that meet our criteria. We don't want just anyone to see wholesale prices, therefore this is the perfect solution.
Painstik

Post by Painstik »

Not everyone's situation is the same. Just because this doesn't work for you, doesn't mean it isn't right for someone else.

We are a wholesale supplier and don't sell to the general public, only to existing customers that meet our criteria. We don't want just anyone to see wholesale prices, therefore this is the perfect solution.
You are right, wholesale is something I didn't think about, but as you can see from the context of my message, I was talking about retail sale.
Need custom coding for Interspire Shopping Cart? Contact me
meules
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by meules »

Lol... Painstik... Was thinking the same before, until I started a wholesale company which sells belts and bags. I do a lot of research to kinda same companies who sell the same sort of products. Imagine that my biggest competitor, who sell the exact same belt, shows his prices on his website. Don't you think that I would reduce my price with a few cents?! Remember that the world of manufacturers of belts and bags is a very small one. There are 4 manufacturers and a 100 wholesale companies. In my case i know which customers go to my 'neighbour'. So if every wholesale company would make its price public (the price he bought the belt and the price for the retailer) the end would be near. For a wholesale company it is important to let his customer (the retailer) have a decent margin on his prices. The same for a wholesaler. I don't gonna work for a few cents, ( like many :oops: chinese people do :oops: ) That's why it is important to hide prices and verify customers before they are approved.

I'm experiencing problems right now because I can't get rid of my 'wholesale glasses' for a customer site :P So everybody its own league...

Cheers

Meules
ISC v6
dwpllc

Post by dwpllc »

Hello,

Thanks for this great hack. I have it installed and it works great...

I did have one question if there is an easy fix.

Is there a way to display a message where the add to cart button used to be for non logged in users and users who are not yet approved.

I'd like to display something that says "You must have an approved account before you can order this product".

I don't know anything about PHP, so I'm hoping there is a simple one line code that can be added to your hack that would display this message when the add to cart button is being hidden.

Thanks!
meules
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by meules »

dwpllc wrote:Hello,

Thanks for this great hack. I have it installed and it works great...

I did have one question if there is an easy fix.

Is there a way to display a message where the add to cart button used to be for non logged in users and users who are not yet approved.

I'd like to display something that says "You must have an approved account before you can order this product".

I don't know anything about PHP, so I'm hoping there is a simple one line code that can be added to your hack that would display this message when the add to cart button is being hidden.

Thanks!
I'll try to work this one out when I have some more time on my hands. Could be usefull for my site aswell. I will let you know asap...
ISC v6
dwpllc

Post by dwpllc »

Great, looking forward to it!
empirehorn
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by empirehorn »

Thanks everyone for all the work on this. However, I have not been successful at getting the add to cart line to disappear from the product details page. I used the code provided and have tried several other lines with no success. Anybody have any tips?
meules
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by meules »

empirehorn wrote:Thanks everyone for all the work on this. However, I have not been successful at getting the add to cart line to disappear from the product details page. I used the code provided and have tried several other lines with no success. Anybody have any tips?
What do you mean? You can't get it to work or are you trying to make only the add to cart button to dissapear? Which version do you use? Send me a pm and I will help.
Painstik

Post by Painstik »

I've made a little addition to this hack. Add to cart link should be removed from unverified customers, cos with adding a product to cart, you can see the prices of every product.

Open: includes/display/HomeFeaturedProducts.php
Find:

Code: Select all

if (isId($row['prodvariationid']) || trim($row['prodconfigfields'])!='' || $row['prodeventdaterequired'] == 1) {
							$GLOBALS['ProductURL'] = ProdLink($row['prodname']);
							$GLOBALS['ProductAddText'] = GetLang('ProductChooseOptionLink');
						} else {
							$GLOBALS['ProductURL'] = CartLink($row['productid']);
							$GLOBALS['ProductAddText'] = GetLang('ProductAddToCartLink');
						}
Replace with:

Code: Select all

$customerClass = GetClass('ISC_CUSTOMER');
						$groupId = 0;
						$customer = $customerClass->GetCustomerInfo();
						if(isset($customer['custgroupid'])) {
				 			$groupId = $customer['custgroupid'];
				 		}
						if(!$customerClass->GetCustomerId()) {
							$GLOBALS['HideActionAdd'] = 'none';
						} elseif($customer['custgroupid'] == 0) {
							$GLOBALS['HideActionAdd'] = 'none';
						}

else {

if (isId($row['prodvariationid']) || trim($row['prodconfigfields'])!='' || $row['prodeventdaterequired'] == 1) {
							$GLOBALS['ProductURL'] = ProdLink($row['prodname']);
							$GLOBALS['ProductAddText'] = GetLang('ProductChooseOptionLink');
						} else {
							$GLOBALS['ProductURL'] = CartLink($row['productid']);
							$GLOBALS['ProductAddText'] = GetLang('ProductAddToCartLink');
						}
						}
You have to do this for every panel you are using, which contains Add to cart link. This example is for HomeFeaturedProducts panel.
Need custom coding for Interspire Shopping Cart? Contact me
meules
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by meules »

Thanks Painstik,

Forgot to mention this because I use products that have variations. So when using variations the "add to cart" link shows up as choose options and you'll be redirected to the product page. If not using variations the "add to cart" link is indeed still visable.

Anyway thanks for mention it :D
ISC v6