[PAID] Google Merchant Static Feed

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
pplageman

Re: [PAID] Google Merchant Static Feed

Post by pplageman »

I am using version 6.1.6 of ISC. I have installed and was running your older versions of the Google Merchant. I just installed the newer version 1.5.0 hoping that your revisions would solve the category mapping, and I still cannot get the category mapping to work at all. When going into edit mode, we are supposed to see the Google categories, and map our categories to it, but the block is empty, with no category to choose.

Please help.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

pplageman wrote:I am using version 6.1.6 of ISC. I have installed and was running your older versions of the Google Merchant. I just installed the newer version 1.5.0 hoping that your revisions would solve the category mapping, and I still cannot get the category mapping to work at all. When going into edit mode, we are supposed to see the Google categories, and map our categories to it, but the block is empty, with no category to choose.
Hi,

Sorry for delayed reply but you posted just as I shut down for Easter travels..

Ok.. in terms of your problem there's instructions included with the latest version that are specifically for 6.1.6. Interspire made a tiny change to one of the files that affects your ability to use the product comparison module system so you need to use the edited version...

Specifically /admin/templates/shoppingcomparison.categorybox.tpl-6.1.6
...should be used to replace the: shoppingcomparison.categorybox.tpl file

The "ReadMe - Quirks, Taxonomy Updates and Fixes.txt" is particularly important to read though as it contains some things you'll need to know if you're updating categories that have been replaced in the latest taxonomy update... but that issue is obviously secondary to getting the category selection process working again.

Let me know how you get on..
pplageman

Post by pplageman »

yes, I assumed that I needed to extract the older code and replace with your updated one.
I already had done that, before I wrote to you.
So it must be something else.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

pplageman wrote:yes, I assumed that I needed to extract the older code and replace with your updated one.
I already had done that, before I wrote to you.
So it must be something else.
I'll be back in the saddle properly on Thursday so if you can PM me some ftp and ISC admin details for your site I'll check it out and debug in place...
busi6292

Post by busi6292 »

As of 12th April morning, my UK feed has not been exporting the <g:shipping> tag containing the country, service and price for some reason. I have got an older version of the file but I don't think this is related. Does anyone have any ideas on this please as my US file is exporting these values just fine?

$Date: 2011-11-03 23:48:01 +0000 (Thu, 03 Nov 2011) $
$Revision: 381 $

Thank you
busi6292

Post by busi6292 »

Please ignore the post. I see it is linked into an update you provided (but my support has run out - will renew it when some features come in!). I added a flat rate free collection shipping option which was the issue!
pplageman

Post by pplageman »

I noticed that in my logs for ISC that I am getting a ton of notices like these (about 333 pages worth):

Notice PHP N/A Undefined index: 76 23rd Feb 2012 @ 1:21 PM
Notice PHP N/A Undefined index: 139 23rd Feb 2012 @ 1:21 PM
Notice PHP N/A Undefined index: 138 23rd Feb 2012 @ 1:21 PM
Notice PHP N/A Undefined index: 138 23rd Feb 2012 @ 1:21 PM
Undefined index: 138 in /hsphere/local/home/islandmarketers/kwickargo.com/includes/classes/class.froogle.php at 1477
File Line Function
/hsphere/local/home/islandmarketers/kwickargo.com/includes/classes/class.froogle.php 1477 ISC_LOG->HandlePHPErrors
/hsphere/local/home/islandmarketers/kwickargo.com/includes/classes/class.froogle.php 647 ISC_FROOGLE->getCategoryHeirachy
/hsphere/local/home/islandmarketers/kwickargo.com/includes/classes/class.froogle.php 225 ISC_FROOGLE->ExportFroogle
/hsphere/local/home/islandmarketers/kwickargo.com/froogle.php 17 ISC_FROOGLE->HandlePage

They all seem to deal with the froogle feeds.
Also I am getting the following errors in Google Checkout, and my customers are not able to purchase through Google Checkout now.

For example...
Apr 27, 2012 3:41:34 PM EDT Error - Error parsing XML; message from parser is: Invalid value for body of allowed-areas in checkout-shopping-cart/checkout-flow-support/merchant-checkout-flow-support/shipping-methods/merchant-calculated-shipping/address-filters: Must be a U.S. 2-letter postal code or state name.

I checked the XML feeds and they all have a two letter name for states, so I'm baffled...

Could these all be related, or is the new Google Merchant causing these errors and notices?
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

The notices are purely informational for debugging and aren't critical although I'll figure out why they've appeared and squash for next release.

As for google checkout that is completely unrelated to my module in every way. Interspire support appears to have been broken for GC and Interspire couldn't care less.
mardukeme

Post by mardukeme »

I have a questions with updating the taxonomy on version 6.1.8, following the Readme - Quirks, Taxonomy Updates. Google has a new taxonomy file out which I downloaded and uploaded to the server, and modified the module.googlemerchantusen.php accordingly as well. I get a blank box when trying to choose the appropriate categories. I noticed that the included files have #'s before the category but the one I downloaded does not. My question is does #'s in front of the category make a difference?

Last question do I have to click the link every time to generate a new feed or is there any way to do it automatically before Google pulls the feed?

***Edit***

I was testing just a few categories, and I looked at the xml file an noticed that the feed exports all products not just the ones the are mapped within the category tab. Just wondering if that is normal or if I did something wrong and that is not right?

Thanks,

Mardukeme
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

mardukeme wrote:I have a questions with updating the taxonomy on version 6.1.8, following the Readme - Quirks, Taxonomy Updates. Google has a new taxonomy file out which I downloaded and uploaded to the server, and modified the module.googlemerchantusen.php accordingly as well. I get a blank box when trying to choose the appropriate categories. I noticed that the included files have #'s before the category but the one I downloaded does not. My question is does #'s in front of the category make a difference?
Unfortunately Googles approach to taxonomy is a pain in the backside, utterly myopic and frankly, dumber than dirt. Their download does not include an index reference (the numbers you refered to) and useless as a result. Any update requires careful manual checking between old and new taxonomy files. Bottom line it needs me to go through, fix and update.

The old taxonomy file won't get you in trouble as the changes only affect small category numbers. So to resolve you need to revert to the original module code, disable the GM product comparison Module, then reenable to get it working again.
Last question do I have to click the link every time to generate a new feed or is there any way to do it automatically before Google pulls the feed?
yes but you can automate as per first post in this thread (see Cron section)
I was testing just a few categories, and I looked at the xml file an noticed that the feed exports all products not just the ones the are mapped within the category tab. Just wondering if that is normal or if I did something wrong and that is not right?
It will export anything valid for GM so this is normal behaviour. You do need to set GM categories for everything to ensure everything is listed properly though.

Hope that helps.

Martin