[PAID] Google Merchant Static Feed

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [PAID] Google Merchant Static Feed

Post by Martin »

Bug...

This is the correct code...

Open: class.froogle.php

Find:

Code: Select all

$link .= isset($currencyTag) && !empty($currencyTag) ? "&{$currencyTag}" : '';

if(isset($currencyTag)) {
$plink = parse_url($link);

$link .= (key_exists('query', $plink) && !empty($plink['query'])) ? "&" : "?";
$link .= $currencyTag;
}

WRONG
Please ignore the fix below... It will not work properly and may result in 404 errors... Instead use the code above

Open: class.froogle.php

Find:

$link .= isset($currencyTag) && !empty($currencyTag) ? "&{$currencyTag}" : '';
Replace with:

$link .= isset($currencyTag) && !empty($currencyTag) ? "?{$currencyTag}" : '';
This cures the problem of 404 links for product links in currencies other than your native one. Not sure how this one slipped past to be honest![/i][/color]
ivor

Post by ivor »

I've installed the software and successfully uploaded our products to Google products. According to the Google Merchant control panel there are no warnings so I assumed everything was OK. Checked today to see if our products were displaying in a better position than before installing the software and basically they are no better, however there is no product image being displayed and the prices are being shown less the VAT. Any ideas?
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

ivor wrote:I've installed the software and successfully uploaded our products to Google products. According to the Google Merchant control panel there are no warnings so I assumed everything was OK. Checked today to see if our products were displaying in a better position than before installing the software and basically they are no better
There's been a lot of development with the code in the last week so it'd be useful to know which version you're using so I can go from there.
however there is no product image being displayed
That issue has been resolved but no release formally provided as I've got 2 days of 12 hour shifts sorting out a school I support (finished one today, so one left). If you get 1.1.8-beta that will resolve the product image issue... It was only noticed yesterday and I missed it because Interspire have left a lot of legacy data from the previous version and my test products had the legacy image data and showed correctly.... Anyway, excuses, excuses... I missed it till last night..
...and the prices are being shown less the VAT. Any ideas?
Ah... that's the next thing on the agenda... I'm aware I skipped the tax side of things because I knew it had changed considerably with 6.x and I've not had a chance to look into it properly...

An initial look at the code indicates a fix should be possible... If I can, I'll put out a quick release before I hit the hay... A proper fixed release will have to wait until Wednesday/Thursday as I'm committed to a 12 hour day tomorrow and unfortunately my son is ill so when he and my wife are back tomorrow, I'll be expected to take over the night shift while she catches up on sleep/rest.

It's on my list though...

EDIT: I've applied a fix and released version 1.1.9. Please could you download the new copy (from Snailsol.bc) and do a quick test against your store... It may not work as I'm pretty bushed (2:30am) but feedback welcome so I can nail it down.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

I have to be mad being up at 2:30am but there we go...

I found a couple of other annoyances in the code that weren't going to wait so I've released version 1.1.9.

Changelog
  • Version 1.1.9 : Revision 273
    • Foreign Target feed links now correctly append setCurrency=x to link ( & or ? depending on whether query string already exists or not)
    • Basic tax data included/excluded in price depending on tax zone (country/feed) ISC 6.x (Alpha Test Code!)
    • Added invalid XML character strip function for "description" field
As always the new code is available to download from the Snailsol BC store for existing customers.
ivor

Post by ivor »

Hello Martin

Sorry to be a bit dense, but how do I go about getting the latest version I cant see anywhere to download it?
CharlieFoxtrot
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by CharlieFoxtrot »

ivor wrote:Hello Martin

Sorry to be a bit dense, but how do I go about getting the latest version I cant see anywhere to download it?
Hello Ivor,

If you have not yet purchased the module, here's the link to it in Martin's store:

http://snailsol.mybigcommerce.com/produ ... -Feed.html

If you have already purchased an earlier version, then Martin will need to let you know how to obtain an update.

Best regards,
Charlie
ISC 4.0.7

"... and let's be honest that whole "by design" thing is getting old too."
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

ivor wrote:Hello Martin

Hi Ivor... Just to add/amend on Charlie's reply...

If you go to your account on the SnailSol store and check your completed orders you'll see a link for downloading the new files..
ivor

Post by ivor »

Hello Martin

I've uploaded the latest software. The prices now display with the tax included but the images still aren't showing. Also there are some warnings headed "Invalid string value in attribute: product type"

Regards

Ivor
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

ivor wrote:I've uploaded the latest software. The prices now display with the tax included but the images still aren't showing. Also there are some warnings headed "Invalid string value in attribute: product type"
Ok... It was somewhat rushed at silly AM so if you could PM me a link to your feed files I'll take a look, hopefully tomorrow sometime...
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

Ok... I think this proves that trying to debug or release code at O'dark thirty is a baaaaad idea.

There were a number of really dumb bits of typo code and rubbish that ended up in the last release so apologies on that score...

You will probably need to run the following SQL against your system log to clear it of a lot of rubbish errors.

DELETE FROM `isc_system_log` WHERE `logsummary` = "Undefined variable: categoryId";
DELETE FROM `isc_system_log` WHERE `logsummary` = "Undefined variable: search";
DELETE FROM `isc_system_log` WHERE `logsummary` = "key_exists() expects exactly 2 parameters, 3 given";
DELETE FROM `isc_system_log` WHERE `logsummary` = "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that correspond...";
DELETE FROM `isc_system_log` WHERE `logsummary` = "Resource  is not really a resource";
Note: Change the prefix "isc_" to whatever your store uses...

The release broke a number of things including categories...

I'm just going through and fixing those things now and will release 1.1.20 shortly...