[PAID] Google Merchant Static Feed

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [PAID] Google Merchant Static Feed

Post by Martin »

levinthan9 wrote:Thanks for kind reply. Do you think it is because of apache / script time/memory limitation? If so, do you know where I can edit my apache to break that limit? I have 32GB memory with 6 cores cpu, so I don't think I will have any problem with high load apache/mysql.
You've hit the limit of my abilities/knowledge... I'm no use with Windows machines when it comes to web hosted data, etc... best bet is to hit the forums and start looking for more knowledgeable help.

The only work-around I can think of (ie: chunking the output into smaller files) would require quite a bit more work, and time I don't have at the moment... I'll put my thinking cap on as/when I can but don't hold your breath as my workload is huge now.

How big was that feed file btw?
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

Ah... it may have been timing out, in which case that makes a bit more sense...

Luckily the feed picks up where it left off...
levinthan9

Post by levinthan9 »

Martin wrote:
levinthan9 wrote:Thanks for kind reply. Do you think it is because of apache / script time/memory limitation? If so, do you know where I can edit my apache to break that limit? I have 32GB memory with 6 cores cpu, so I don't think I will have any problem with high load apache/mysql.
You've hit the limit of my abilities/knowledge... I'm no use with Windows machines when it comes to web hosted data, etc... best bet is to hit the forums and start looking for more knowledgeable help.

The only work-around I can think of (ie: chunking the output into smaller files) would require quite a bit more work, and time I don't have at the moment... I'll put my thinking cap on as/when I can but don't hold your breath as my workload is huge now.

How big was that feed file btw?
Around 5k products now. 62MB already. For 220k products, it should be 2.7GB in total :?
ctctech

Post by ctctech »

This may have been addressed before but I have not seen it anywhere. Does this module give you the ability to exclude certain categories? We offer both physical products as well as different repair services that are listed like products in a different category. Google is warning of removal if we dont get the "services" products worked out. Interested in purchase but want to make sure it will address the issues we are having with the feed. Thanks in advance.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

ctctech wrote:This may have been addressed before but I have not seen it anywhere. Does this module give you the ability to exclude certain categories? We offer both physical products as well as different repair services that are listed like products in a different category. Google is warning of removal if we dont get the "services" products worked out. Interested in purchase but want to make sure it will address the issues we are having with the feed. Thanks in advance.
Hi,

It doesn't currently exclude specific categories but I could write a small bit of custom code to simply ignore it as a hard coded hack... I might be able to code something a bit more permanent that ignores categories without a google category type set but that's something for later.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

BugFix in 1.4.9 has been released...

It's up on the Snailsolutions store
  • Version 1.4.9 : Revision 478
    • FIXED: Fixed Price shipping products were breaking feed.
    • ADDED: Currency appended to shipping prices to match google merchant specification.

Further to this I'm no longer posting bug fixes in raw code due to the individual who purchased (or at least benefitted from the purchase of) my code using a stolen credit card and then took advantage of my good nature to resolve a number of issues with their setup (including some custom code)... I suggest said individual pay it forward as agreed, as Karma is an unkind mistress that requires no action on my part...
wezers

Post by wezers »

good idea , there is enough scum about without them lurking on this community.
pitorian

Post by pitorian »

Hi Martin

Free Shipping is still not being pulled into the latest feed if you could advise the fix.

Thanks

Chris
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

pitorian wrote:Free Shipping is still not being pulled into the latest feed if you could advise the fix.
Hi Chris,

Emailed you back couple of hours ago. Believe problem is with shipping service title you have which includes "promotional keywords" in GM terms.. Fix emailed that basically leaves out the shipping service name and avoid policy violation.

Otherwise is generating zero value shipping cost as expected.

Martin
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

1.5.0 has been released...

Via Snailsolutions store as usual
  • Version 1.5.0 : Revision 480
    • FIXED: Shipping method title/label not shown when cost is zero (ie: free shipping)
      This resolves an issue when the title is likely to include "promotional text" such as "free shipping", which GM stamps on...
Worth noting that this will still allow the items to be interpreted as being free shipping and they will show up as such on the Google shopping results... So, it's a bit of a strange one. I suspect the true "issue" is that they stamp on it in general and have a regular expression checker that looks for key phrases like "free shipping" and then just kills those items in the feed until you remove/resolve them.