[MOD] PayPoint SecPage module

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

[MOD] PayPoint SecPage module

Post by Martin »

Having suffered at the hands of SagePay for far too long I spent some time looking for a suitable alternative and whilst SecureTrading seemed like a good option initially, sales tactics on facebook put me off completely, leading me eventually to PayPoint.

BUT, this isn't a PayPoint love in... The key problem was that there's only a self-hosted payment approach currently integrated in Interspire Shopping Cart and to quote a contact at PayPoint, Interspire haven't been overly helpful at resolving the lack of proper support for those without PCI Level 4 clearance.

Now, I'm aware that another Interspire customer commissioned some work on a module to work with PayPoint but given my own specific needs and a question as to whether it would happen or not (after one developer let them down) I decided to strike out on my own and learn how to write a checkout module from scratch at the same time.

Net result is that I'm now in beta for this module with the following functionality:
  • Works with the SecPage (Non API) version of PayPoint so all payment information is taken on the PayPoint server
    (reducing your liability and PCI requirements)
  • Will accept payments in all currencies accepted by PayPoint
    (provided you have the appropriate merchant accounts setup)
  • Allows use of a custom payment template which you specify in the Admin CP
    (Sanity checking is performed on the template specified to see if it exists on the PayPoint server and allows graceful fail to use the standard template if not)
  • Allows you to specify whether PayPoint sends a transaction email to the customer or not
    (recommended setting: No)
  • Allows you to specify live mode as well as the two test modes supported by PayPoint (via Admin CP)
    (System Log will indicate if the system is in test mode before any relevant payment log lines)
  • All relevant PayPoint settings are handled in the Admin CP > Checkout > Paypoint config menu
    (No need to go ferreting around in the code to manually edit settings)
  • Does not require SSL support (although I'd still recommend it)
  • Fully authenticates both the send and receive portions of the transaction data using the security systems provided by PayPoint
    (Removes opportunity for Man in the Middle attacks)
  • Provides detailed report for failed transactions in the System log
    (Makes it much easier to identify what went wrong with a transaction without having to access the PayPoint.net Admin system)
I've just finished debugging the code for the first part of the alpha phase and whilst I'd consider it close to beta ready, I need to spend some more time on checking the error reporting for failed transactions.

In terms of availability, I'm waiting on a couple of things before I decide how and/or when it is released.
Tony Barnes

Re: [MOD] PayPoint SecPage module

Post by Tony Barnes »

Martin wrote:Having suffered at the hands of SagePay for far too long
I have to admit that the recent string of "aw shit, we're sorry, somethings gone wrong again, but this is the last time, we promise" emails actually went past annoying, and into comedy zone for me!! Bunch of muppets :lol:
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

Just noted that DanBear has received a finished module from his contracted coder and is now reselling it... I'm still pending on release purely because I have to discuss a couple of things with a third party and finish my 2nd stage of testing before I release anything.

My module isn't so much intended to compete as provide additional functionality that I knew wasn't going to exist in the specification for Dans version... Just to clarify further, the two versions have been developed completely independently of each other and haven't been compared.

Figured it was worth highlighting that there are two independent versions that tackle the same service, in case anyone was confused or wanting support with the other.
bart

Post by bart »

Did you ever complete your PayPoint integration Martin, I would be interested to know if it is available and what features it has.

Thanks
Bart
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

bart wrote:Did you ever complete your PayPoint integration Martin, I would be interested to know if it is available and what features it has.
Hi Bart,

It's fully working and been used in anger now for the past 2 months with almost all issues experienced focused on the SecGuard rules set at PayPoints end rather than module related.

I can't list all the functionality but basically it will handle all the required functionality that ISC is able to use and includes the ability to take currency payments in those other than the original/primary (provided you have the relevant merchant accounts). That latter functionality requires other edits but is bloody useful when you want to encourage foreign customers who want to pay in their own native currency and not get whacked with a surcharge from their CC provider/issuer.

As to cost... I need to do some chasing but it should be near as dammit free if PayPoint haven't changed their mind.

Best thing to do... Bug me from about the 20th August and I'll get on it.
bart

Post by bart »

Thanks Martin,

I'll start bugging you next week.

Bart
jobloggs

Post by jobloggs »

Hi Marton,

Did you get anywhere with this?

We have a coder who is writing Paypoint 3D and Paycash by API integration. We are PCI Level 4. We had this implemented already on ISC 5, but are recoding it for ISC 6. Ofcourse if you had a fully working Mod, we can buy from you.

In particular the Paycash module which generates a barcode for payment..

Let me know.

Thanks
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

UPDATED: A nudge today got a call and I've basically been told the original offer to buy into the module has pretty much gone due to budgetary limitations and the fact that BigCommerce are, quite frankly, f*cking awful at coordinating and implementing modules in their own code so even the potential to get it into BC has all but disappeared.

That BC has effectively removed itself from the table is very telling but no matter it means that we've gone with option #2 which is for me to sell this independently via my SnailSol store.

I'll be getting the code packed up and available in the next few days ready for purchase @ £45

My earlier offer of donating to http://www.helpharryhelpothers.com/ stands but with one *twit* you'll need to match the purchase price as a minimum donation.

I'll get it all sorted out in due course anyway...
wezers

Post by wezers »

hi did you get this on snailsol , had a look but cant see it.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

wezers wrote:hi did you get this on snailsol , had a look but cant see it.
Not yet... Childhood bug #2,483 struck the little one.

I'll sort it over the weekend...