Difficult Customization for Interspire

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
softwaremaster

Difficult Customization for Interspire

Post by softwaremaster »

Hello Frends,

I was just wandering if i got any help to amend the front page layout. As i want the front page layout as shown in this website http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/. I have almost changed the front layout of the template named (Software). I amended it's width to 990px view with top menu similar to shown website and custom footer etc.

The problem i was just facing to remove the size panels ( both left and right panels) of home page only and want to show the banners, brands, featured products and new products with full width. (i.e. i want to use the top front banner at top of the page under main menu and then featured & new products under it with full width of 990px having no size columns). Other pages may remain same or whatever adjusted.

How to adjust the home page layout width for banners, brands or products view?
Is it possible to use the slideshow under the banner as shown in website?

So, is it possible to amend this type of layout for interspire 6.1.1 ultimate addition. Anyone who tried this type of amendment or know about?

Thanks All,
:?:
meules
Confirmed
Confirmed

Re: Difficult Customization for Interspire

Post by meules »

Yes this is more then possible but requires a lot of work. If I may suggest:
-use firefox
-use firebug

With FireBug it's easy to see what you need to edit for changing the width of banners, product views etc... like you asked
If you have mediocre knowledge of css and html I suggest to hire someone (like me ;) ). Sliding banners etc can be easily implemented, like several threads have shown on this forum.

That's all the help I can provide right now :(

GL
ISC v6
softwaremaster

Post by softwaremaster »

Well thanks for your interesting information, i am on try and hope will be able to amend!

Thanks agian :D
MegaFemaTron2
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by MegaFemaTron2 »

You've probably figured this out already but I'll throw in my 2 cents.

Creating a new home page is actually pretty easy with that addition you are running. It's the same one I have. I have custom pages for my home page, web series and radio show. You create a new page like _pageCustomName.html.

Then you go to create webpages and create a new web page like "Home" but it can be anything. You can put something in the content box or leave it blank if you have your code in the html file you are going to be using. But at the bottom you want to select your custom page template from the dropdown and then check the box to use that page as your home page. Viola!

As for removing the side panels, that's easy too. When you create your custom page template (based on page.html) remove the <div>s with LayoutColumn1 and LayoutColumn3 as css ids. That will leave you with only LayoutColumn2 (the middle content). You might then have to tweak the CSS to figure out how to get it full width or it may do it automatically. Depends.

I concur with meules about Firebug. You will really have to spank your CSS to fool around with the panels widths. I thought it would be easy but it was like hunting for a needle in a haystack because I'm using several CSS files because I integrated an HTML template the lazy way (on the backend.). :)
ISC 6.1.1 Ultimate Edition