Undesired Friendly URLs Encoded by Interspire Cart

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
Brandeline

Re: Undesired Friendly URLs Encoded by Interspire Cart

Post by Brandeline »

MegaFemaTron2 wrote:This might be true for anyone not planning to stick with their current version your site is running. I don't intend to upgrade; just add what I need when it's needed. I upgraded from 6.1.1 and quickly went back to it because the "update" had too many problems. In the end, good URLs is worth the hassle. We also keep an up-to-date changelog as well. As it stands, it's too risky to upgrade ISC. You basically have to upgrade on a dev site and see what the bugs are but some may not reveal themselves until the site is in full use. It's really a trip how even the slightest problem can make you loose a customer. Also adding this mod was a learning process as well. Now I know more about how ISC works so I can also make better changes. I'm pass the point of thinking I'd upgrade ISC if they release another version. I don't even trust them anymore.
Just curious, what version did you upgrade to and what kind of bugs/warts/new glitches did you find?

I was considering going to the 6.1.8 release but don't know if it fixes anything significant that would be worth it. Opinions anyone?
MegaFemaTron2
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by MegaFemaTron2 »

Martin wrote:Looking at what it does I have to admit it's not too shoddy...

Still chuckling at the "Like me you hate long demo videos" spiel that takes half the video to quit whittering on about before actually starting the demo...

Well aware I'm awful for long winded rubbish though, so irony self-evident :)
Hahahaha. Well, I can honestly say that it could be a coincidence but I think it's because of this plugin but now I'm starting to get Google Alerts for new references of my site added to Google. I've started getting alerts for my category links now. My site has been online for over 5 years now and while the site could be found via Google, links for my categories weren't there. Either way's it's made my life easier.

Brandeline wrote:
Just curious, what version did you upgrade to and what kind of bugs/warts/new glitches did you find?

I was considering going to the 6.1.8 release but don't know if it fixes anything significant that would be worth it. Opinions anyone?
Hmmm I thought we went to 6.1.6 but man I just don't remember now. May have even been 6.1.4. I don't recall what the issue(s) were. However it was a big enough concern for us to go back to 6.1.1. If I remember what it was, I'll get back to you. I'm getting old and I run 4 businesses and work a full time job so I'm lucky if I can remember what I did last week. You should be able to find the bugs via Google. :)
ISC 6.1.1 Ultimate Edition
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

MegaFemaTron2 wrote:Hmmm I thought we went to 6.1.6 but man I just don't remember now. May have even been 6.1.4. I don't recall what the issue(s) were. However it was a big enough concern for us to go back to 6.1.1. If I remember what it was, I'll get back to you. I'm getting old and I run 4 businesses and work a full time job so I'm lucky if I can remember what I did last week. You should be able to find the bugs via Google. :)
It was probably 6.1.6 as that was more than a little buggy...

6.1.7 was the alleged Google Merchant upgrade although it's purely US centric

6.1.8 was the exploit fix version...
MegaFemaTron2
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by MegaFemaTron2 »

Martin wrote: It was probably 6.1.6 as that was more than a little buggy...

6.1.7 was the alleged Google Merchant upgrade although it's purely US centric

6.1.8 was the exploit fix version...
Ahhh, thanks Martin. I was reading yesterday about someone having an issue with an exploit with 6.1.1 but during that conversation on the Interspire site, it was looking more like an exploit of the wordpress instillation they had that was affecting the entire site ( had that happen to me recently too (it affected 7 sites on the same account even though wordpress was only installed on a few of them, i.e. it even effected my sites running joomla and ISC)). I'll have to check more into the 6.1.1 exploit and get it fixed since I won't be upgrading.
Brandeline

Post by Brandeline »

Wow, took them a while to fix the exploit. Not in any great hurry were they?

So anyone now running 6.1.8? Is it worth it or less buggy? No major things broken?
myshop

Post by myshop »

6.1.8 is the best version yet - There is only one (new) show stopper - The new catgegory tree jquery plug in has a bug, but can be fixed by commenting out these three lines of code:

\javascript\jquery\plugins\jstree\jquery.jstree.js

if(c === "jstree-checked") {
$t.children(":checkbox").attr("checked","checked");
}

These are lines 2811, 2812, 2813

6.1.8 however still contains what I believe to be bugs caused by negligence on behalf of Interspire - For example, The Google Analytics ecommerce tracking code does not work with the Google Async tracking code - So you cannot use the ecommerce tracking features of analytics without hacking the module - This should be corrected by Interspire.

There are many other various problems which could be easily fixed - you know about them all if you follow this and the interspire forum.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

myshop wrote:6.1.8 however still contains what I believe to be bugs caused by negligence on behalf of Interspire... (snip)

There are many other various problems which could be easily fixed - you know about them all if you follow this and the interspire forum.
Let's be honest, if they'd fixed everything we'd be wondering if Interspire had been taken over by competent management...

Off-topic I know but it'll require such a management change to even consider an upgrade...
kurt

Post by kurt »

It's bad enough they stopped posting new features. Now they've stopped with bug fixes, this is a joke. Why do they keep the product listed online if they don't plan to support it.
MegaFemaTron2
Confirmed
Confirmed

Don't Buy Custom Slugs Mod!

Post by MegaFemaTron2 »

I'm beyond angry right now. Netvision's site is down so guess what? My site is down. Don't buy this thing! What a huge risk. Their site goes down and so do all the sites using their mod. Was there really no better way to handle this? I've bought many a script that had license checks and never had one take my whole site down. How about an annoying message instead? But a blank page, except for a "license failed" message and a link to your dead site? ... that's just wrong.
Brandeline

Post by Brandeline »

Wow, thanks for letting us know. That's awful. Most code that needs a license checks it once. Or just checks it in the admin and leaves the customer facing site alone.