product variations/upsell

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
jonsam

product variations/upsell

Post by jonsam »

On my site i have set up product variations on the products the variations are basically other products i sell on my site i use the product variations it helps to get the customer to buy more stuff
But its complicated if you want to change a price or product (i have about 500) it takes ages
The way it is with the variation options every product/gun has about 15 different combinations of codes and prices it can be made up from depending of what options you choose.
But i want to add this stock control system and with all of the variations its going to take ages
Is there another way i could get a programmer to make it so that instead of using product variations there are buttons too add the other complementary products to the cart from the product page.
so that that way when i change the price of that one product its price would change all over the site on every product page and the stock levels would change also
don’t know if you follow me its hard for me to try and explain
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: product variations/upsell

Post by Martin »

I'm literally working on something right now for the stock aspect of things:
http://snailsol.mybigcommerce.com/produ ... odule.html

It doesn't handle the price aspect of things and I don't know that you could adapt it to do that but it would at least handle the stock side of things, which is why I wrote it.

... and yes, I know it's not cheap but given that it took me literally 2 years to nail it down properly the greying hair and loss of sanity was more expensive for me... Just so's you know.. :? ;)
CharlieFoxtrot
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by CharlieFoxtrot »

I just read the description... wow! That's a HUGE project, and a fairly complex and comprehensive one at that. ~ It's not something that I could use, but I wish you much luck and success with it!
ISC 4.0.7

"... and let's be honest that whole "by design" thing is getting old too."
jonsam

Post by jonsam »

ii thinks its a bit different then i want
but i just bought the Google merchant add-on from you going to have a go to install in the morning

i was looking at this http://www.profitecommerce.com/demo what do you think to it
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

jonsam wrote:ii thinks its a bit different then i want
but i just bought the Google merchant add-on from you going to have a go to install in the morning
Ah, so that was you... :)
I was looking at this http://www.profitecommerce.com/demo what do you think to it
To be honest I think having an upsell right at the point where the person has filled out all their info is perhaps not the best approach... That my opinion but it could be worse..

6.1.1 does have a sort of upsell built into it already from what I can remember but it would be nice if it was a bit more targetted...