Changing Email Templates

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
busi6292

Changing Email Templates

Post by busi6292 »

Hi there,

I understand in the emails sent out it sends an invoice/receipt out when someone places an order. Subsequent emails when the status is changed (provided that status is enabled to alert the customer by email) to Shipped, or Refunded, Cancelled etc all go on one template. Is it possible to have a different template for when the status is changed to shipped, as I would like to say something like you will receive your item soon, thanks for shopping with us etc. Otherwise if I put that for the global template and mark it as cancelled for example all the shipping content gets put in that email too! Would anyone be able to help with that?

Secondly a step further, I am quite a fan of product reviews which Interspire has done a reasonably good job at implementing. The bad thing is none of my customers go back to the site and review the product even though some products I have sold over 100 of them and I put please review the product in the invoice!

So, I think the next thing to do, to try and get customers to review the product would be to see if it is possible to have an automatic email sent after 21 days for example after the item is marked as shipped asking if they could kindly review the product with a direct link to the product/review.

Would anyone be able to help please? Thanks a lot.