Here's an idea

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
Iamdbat

Here's an idea

Post by Iamdbat »

Assigning a image variable to a panel

Here's what I have in mind - Picture this - you have a few hundred categories and 1000's of products

Each category has it's own unique nuances that you want to display in the right hand panels as banner advertisements instead of top sellers newsletters etc

This means that you have to design and impliment a new layout page for each category that you want to display something different - eg "_Category1.html" aka

%%Panel.NewBannerPanel%% lending in theory to the notion that you would have to create a different layout page for each category if you so desired

WHAT IF

You could have the one layout page with for example in the 'layoutcolumn3' three or four dynamic panels? that would read the contents of a variable - This would mean that you could just write individual snippets for your panels and assign them to your panels. Would the advantage of this be that the browser doesn't have to re-render a panel set from a layout page and wouldn't seek a new layout page from the server each time?

It's just a thought as I wouldn't kinow how to code it anyway - just throwing it out there
Tony Barnes

Re: Here's an idea

Post by Tony Barnes »

So basically you want to create banners for side panels that can be allocated by category?

Would of thought it wouldn't be too hard to hack into the existing system
Iamdbat

Post by Iamdbat »

If you know how
Painstik

Post by Painstik »

Here I gave an example how to make new banner position, you can use that:

http://www.interspired.net/forum/viewto ... f=12&t=200
Need custom coding for Interspire Shopping Cart? Contact me