Show Banner on Multiple Categories/Sub-Categies

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
grantg

Show Banner on Multiple Categories/Sub-Categies

Post by grantg »

Hello all.

I have searched around and found a couple of posts here and there with regards to placing a Banner on several pages. Most of these guides reference creating a custom panel to show the banner on every page - however, I want to be able to select a category and have the banner shown on that category and all sub-categories.

I think this will be a rather substantial mod so if you are looking for work to create this banner mod, please let me know.

Cupar Garden Centre: CS-Cart Professional 2.2.5 (Converted from ISC 6.0.14 Ultimate)
Online Garden Centre: ISC 6.0.14 Professional
Tony Barnes

Re: Show Banner on Multiple Categories/Sub-Categies

Post by Tony Barnes »

Can't you already do that in the banner settings...??? Or are you wanting a different placement?

You can use painstiks mod to add in another location
grantg

Post by grantg »

Thanks Tony..

Unfortunately that hack is to change the layout of the banner (top, middle or bottom) - I need to use banners so that they show on a particular category and its subcategories - there doesn't appear a way to do this as it currently stands, unless I create a banner for each subsection?!
Cupar Garden Centre: CS-Cart Professional 2.2.5 (Converted from ISC 6.0.14 Ultimate)
Painstik

Post by Painstik »

Need custom coding for Interspire Shopping Cart? Contact me
grantg

Post by grantg »

Fail...I spent hours looking for that yesterday, I was sure I had seen how to achieve this somewhere but couldn't remember which forum it was on.

Will give it a go now on 5.5.2, not even going to bother with ISC 5.5.4, the bug fixes are...well, in exchange for backhanders from Google Checkout...