[DEV] Inventory Management Addon

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

[DEV] Inventory Management Addon

Post by Martin »

This code was submitted by MJRooker and all rights/contributions (please be sure and contribute!) should be forwarded to him.

Ref: http://mike.kruckenberg.com/archives/20 ... dd-on.html

That said, I've done quite a bit of work on getting this working properly for standard ISC installations with a fair bit of debugging resolving issues like:
  • Missing index errors
  • Adding prefix support for tables so the SQL would actually work if your installation had a prefix
  • Removing a "divide by zero" error if you hadn't sold any of a product
  • Setting the averaging period to be smaller for products that weren't added until after the averaging start point thus allowing for a more accurate average
The fixed version is provided as an attachment but as I said, contributions to the original author please... without his code release it would have been non-existent
Attachments
addon.inventory-1.2.zip
Version 1.2 (my internal version) including fixes noted.
(2.88 KiB) Downloaded 688 times
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [DEV] Inventory Management Addon

Post by Martin »

Just to note this won't work with version 6 of ISC...

I've written an upgraded version that handles my *bundling code (*still not released) but it's not ready for general release at this point... You can easily upgrade it if you follow the tips on editing the template code although there may be a couple of other bits I've forgotten about.
pitorian

Post by pitorian »

Hi Martin,

This is the mod I added to V6, but does not display any-more, I tried to figure out what went wrong, but cant seem to find out what files to modify with the template code you supplied to get it working again, apologise

Chris
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

pitorian wrote:This is the mod I added to V6, but does not display any-more, I tried to figure out what went wrong, but cant seem to find out what files to modify with the template code you supplied to get it working again, apologise
I updated the add-on to handle my bundling code and 6.1.1 but I haven't checked it over to see if it would work normally.

I'll release it sometime in the future but I suspect you'll have to nudge me as the list of to-do's is getting bigger every darned day.
pitorian

Post by pitorian »

No problem, I have my cart on 6.0.14, so not sure if you have something that is compatible with that before working on the 6.1.1 code, :-)

Thanks

Chris
pitorian

Post by pitorian »

Martin I upgraded to 6.1.1 still cant seem to get this to show correctly in the admin, I can see you posted a link on the tpl files but I don't know what ones to amend to get it showing up again, can you give me a few pointers.

Thanks

Chris
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

These are the templates I'm using for the add-on now... No time to check if they've been customised beyond being fixed but they should give you some idea of what's required to resolve the missing data.
Attachments
templates.zip
6.1.1 version of add-on templates (modified)
Use at own risk
(1.01 KiB) Downloaded 601 times
pitorian

Post by pitorian »

Hi Martin

Many thanks for the 3 files, I dropped them into the template folder for admin section but they don't seem to do anything i must certainly have a few bits and bobs missing to make this file show up again.

if you have a moment can you drop me a wee line to see if we can get this working, I don't mind paying for your time, I have to start making weekly orders, and ISC doesn't give me the data I need especially by variation of a period of time, and the manual way is killing me now.

thanks

Chris
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

Will do Chris... once I've finished my list of to-do's and gotten the orders out...

Probably the easiest thing to do is just send you the version I use with my bundling code... It might work as is...
pitorian

Post by pitorian »

Thanks Martin any help greatly appreciated, I just don't get the whole ISC missing out the crucial parts store owners need, its just so annoying.