PCI Compliance..

For all things BigCommerce.. Chat, sharing ideas, links to tips and ways to make things work.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PCI Compliance..

Post by Martin »

Just a quick question but is BC still not PCI compliant?

Was a little surprised to see that there's still questions and discussion on the subject on the getsatisfaction forum with no actual definitive answer that I can see...
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PCI Compliance..

Post by Martin »

Well, bit of digging and it seems it's true...

There is still no official compliance and rather than being a priority, it's obviously been forgotten or the old faithful of "communication" (lack thereof) is still in full effect.

Wonder how long before that really blows up and we get the trite official statement all over again... :roll:
kurt

Post by kurt »

I guess they are finally pci compliant. http://www.bigcommerce.com/ecommerce-bl ... compliant/

What does this mean for ISC, Nothing?
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

kurt wrote:I guess they are finally pci compliant. http://www.bigcommerce.com/ecommerce-bl ... compliant/

What does this mean for ISC, Nothing?
PCI Compliance is more than just the software itself but more about the hosting environment, the way card data is processed, stored, transmitted, etc...

For BC, that was a much bigger headache because they system was shared and I'm guessing (from various comments made by Interspire staff) because many of the information, client management and comms systems were all interlinked.

All of that said though, it's interesting to note that the GetSatisfaction forums are now devoid of any of the complaints regarding poor communication, slow resolution or the fact that much was promised and very little delivered in the timeframe promised. I so love the marketing machine at BigCommerce and how it can retroactively make all the background just disappear like it never existed.. :roll:

Have to congratulate them for finally resolving all the issues and getting compliance rubber stamped, but I hate the marketing BS about transparency and inspiration from customers when the truth is the diametric opposite. Smoke and ruddy mirrors...