Discount rules w/ single site on multiple-vendor Interspire

For articles specific to version 6.x
DBMAN

Discount rules w/ single site on multiple-vendor Interspire

Post by DBMAN »

Is there a way to use all the discount rules with the multiple store version if it was set up as a single seller/store site?

When you select the majority of the discounts it notes:
Discount rules which apply to the order total are disabled in the multi-vendor edition because each vendor ships their own products and thus controls their own prices.
Site is live with products so database edit is probably the solution but haven't been able to fix it.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Discount rules w/ single site on multiple-vendor Intersp

Post by Martin »

If you're using it as a single vendor it'd seem the way forward would be to simply revert it somehow.

The core code base is pretty consistent from what I remember so there must be some way, but as I've never played with multi-vendor I've no idea what or how that might be achieved.
DBMAN

Post by DBMAN »

AAaargh! Martin, you were my best hope.

My attempts at setting the seller as a vendor via database didn't work though I haven't tried again in a while. Product based sales work ok, just wanted to mix it up a bit.

Hopefully someone else has the same issue and I'll get an "ah-hah" moment soon.

Thanks for the reply, good to see you still maintaining things here, I think there are more in our boat and questions will continue to come for a while.

Hope all is well with you.
DBMAN

Post by DBMAN »

After all this time I've solved this one. A tiny bit clunky but not the last time I'll have to use spit and gum to hold things together!

Only trick is you have to ultimately do it in the SQL database itself.

As a reminder, I've tried making vendors and even when making one and adding a product I got the same message when trying the vendor only discount rules.

I still don't have the exact steps down but basically I looked at an existing discount by category which was allowed regardless of whether vendors were specified or not. I looked at it in the database and noted that it said ""rule_percentoffitemsincat" in the discounts table.

So then I went to the /modules/rule folder and noted that they all appeared to be there:
/modules/rule/buyxgetfreeshipping
/modules/rule/buyxgetx
/modules/rule/buyxgety
/modules/rule/freeshippingwhenoverx
/modules/rule/percentoffitemsincat
/modules/rule/xamountoffwhenxormore
/modules/rule/xoffforrepeatcustomers
/modules/rule/xpercentdiscount
/modules/rule/xpercentoffforrepeatcustomers

So I edited the rule for, in this example, to "rule_xamountoffwhenxormore".

Now first the expiration seemed to cause issue so I deleted it in the database but that still didn't appear to work so I went into the Admin. and set a maximum number of uses to 4 (I'm sure you could just as easily set an expiration date but too late to test everything right now) and the discount that normally couldn't be selected worked perfectly.
NOTE: I think the above issue was because I already had an item in the cart. Try deleting cart and re-adding product. If I don't forget I'll clean up the post but time for bed!

So I set up a test for purchase over $100 gets $5 off and it worked great. Tried percent off total and that worked too. :D

I'll update this if I can later when I get the exact perfect steps but I think this gives enough of an idea (given anyone doing it will already have to be a little bit SQL savvy) of how to take a discount rule and convert it to one normally set only for each individual vendor in the multi-vendor.