[BUG] Currency exchange rate not stored with order

For Articles relating to more than one ISC version
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

[BUG] Currency exchange rate not stored with order

Post by Martin »

This particular bug has only come to light today after a customer provided me with scans of invoices they'd printed out at different times.

It seems that when a customer has placed an order in a currency other than the base currency used (eg: USD instead of GBP for me) the Interspire system does not record the relevant currency exchange rate applied when the order was placed but instead displays the order based on the exchange rate available whenever the customer happens to look at the order.

So, you can have a customer who placed an order back in January 2008 who checks their orders now and discovers that their invoice now indicates they paid 1/3rd over what their credit card shows.

This is a pretty big bug to my mind so I'll see if I can figure a way of recording and applying the exchange rate properly or at least recording the figure the customer sees for their order when they placed it.

Willing to bet it affects BigCommerce too...
Tony Barnes

Re: [BUG] Currency exchange rate not stored with order

Post by Tony Barnes »

Interesting - if you check out the DB, there is a column "ordcurrencyexhangerate" in isc_orders - Id of assumed it would be stored in there. Next assumption is that the account page doesn't refer to this when checking order details, should be an easy fix though as the info is already there, and in the table you're looking at. Let me know if you get stuck ;)