Off The Wall Question - Customer Groups Increase the Price

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
pitorian

Off The Wall Question - Customer Groups Increase the Price

Post by pitorian »

Can I set up a customer group that will charge people more, say 10%/15% whatever I really decide.

I here you say oh why do that, well it would assist in walk in customers people who want the product now and are willing to pay that little bit more, as high street prices are normally higher than the online stores, but I want to utilise the on-line store to take the sales, manage the stock etc as it does currently.

Ideas suggestions welcome, I did try it and it said it had to be a positive number, shucks :-)

Thanks Chris
Tony Barnes

Re: Off The Wall Question - Customer Groups Increase the Pr

Post by Tony Barnes »

Odd one!

Is this for all your stock? If so, you could just go about it the other way around - add 10% (or whatever) to every product, and then set up default group to have the 10% discount. You could bump the price of the entire catalogue via an sql statment.

I think this would still be ok for the rrp system as well, so long as the discounts are workd out pretty accurately.

Then you would be able to set up a customer group with 0% discount on everything, and charge them the higher prices
pitorian

Post by pitorian »

I know its odd, I was hoping not to do a sql statement as I get it so wrong all the time, I was looking for an easy fix, lol..

Its weird think of increasing the prices, but hey retail stores cost more to run need to make the cash back some way,

Other thing how can I add the search box to find UPC on the front end, for barcode scanning search, almost like a POS system you would get instore.
pitorian

Post by pitorian »

The only other snag with the sql statement is if they are not signed in and in most cases they will not be online they will see the increased prices and not the discounted rates that would normally apply.
Tony Barnes

Post by Tony Barnes »

For the SQL, assuming you want your 'street' customers to pay 10% more, you would run

Code: Select all

UPDATE isc_products SET prodcalculatedprice=(prodcalculatedprice * 1.10);
UPDATE isc_products SET prodprice=(prodprice * 1.10)
***I've just tested only running it on prodprice, does nothing?!?! WTF, when did that change? prodcalculatedprice used to regenerate every time a product was viewd if memory serves?***

You would then set up your default group to receive an accross the board discount of 9.09090909% - this will be set to all default customers, so they will never see the inflated price
pitorian

Post by pitorian »

I think the only issue with the customer group, they need to signup for it to see the discounted prices, so a customer landing on a page will go shucks that's way too expensive and also the knock on effect to the datafeed for google will be out, bugger it.

Back to the drawing board.
Tony Barnes

Post by Tony Barnes »

No they won't - Settings>Store Settings>Miscellaneous>Customer Group Settings>Customer Groups For Guests - set that on the discounted rate and you're done :D

Unless I'm mistaken, the Google data feed will draw on the price from the guest customer group, which will be this reduced price - you're right, that would need verifying though....

2 secs...

nope, it doesn't, what a piece of crap, lol!

Martin has dug around in the datafeed I belive, he might be able to help - I've just had a look and fallen at the first hurdle, couldn't even vaguely work out where it was pulling its datastream from, lmao! Basically wherever it pulls the pricing in, you would just need to stick in the customergroup logic from lib/pricing.php and you'd be sorted
pitorian

Post by pitorian »

Interesting, well how about this creating a sub directory for in-store only,

So this would be like a fresh install, but what I would like to do is dump all customer and order data into the actual database for the main on-line store, so one point of despatch, and admin control point, all the product pricing from another database, which is a clone of the main database, with a price difference, would that work?
Tony Barnes

Post by Tony Barnes »

I'm not sure I get what you're saying, sorry
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

Just to note my Google Merchant feed checks for permissions and only shows the stuff a guest would see...