[Module] Froogle Static export

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [Module] Froogle Static export

Post by Martin »

empirehorn wrote:I would like to include another field from the products table in the database (a custom field labeled 'prodfeedmodelnum' ) because the "model_number" that is currently exported in the feed is my sku (a five digit number that has no external relevance) and I would rather it be a relevant piece of data such as the actual model number. I've attempted substituting 'prodfeedmodelnum' where 'prodcode' was in the class.froogle.php file but this has not worked. Do you have any suggestions or hints for me? I appreciate any help you can offer.
I will be able to in about 5 days... long overdue time off pending and my wife will kill me if this computer doesn't get switched off.

I'm sure someone else with any PHP skill may be able to help... it's really just a case of getting the correct field(s) from the database and then outputting the relevant result field/variable as an echo statement like the rest of the form...

That's probably gone zipping overhead though if you don't know PHP and mySQL so if you're still stuck in 5 days I'll help then... promise ;)
empirehorn
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by empirehorn »

Martin,
I can wait that amount of time, there is no rush on this especially if it gets in the way of family time...I can totally understand about the wife wanting to take an axe to the computer... I'll just keep checking around here to see when you have a chance to do it. Also, do you accept donations for any of this work?
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

empirehorn wrote:I can wait that amount of time, there is no rush on this especially if it gets in the way of family time...I can totally understand about the wife wanting to take an axe to the computer...
Don't be giving her any ideas, she's already looking up axe prices for delivery ;)
I'll just keep checking around here to see when you have a chance to do it. Also, do you accept donations for any of this work?
I've got a few folks after various export formats for different comparison systems, etc... so I'm looking at this properly over the next few days... I'll knock up a quick fix in the next 24 (all being well)... Point of order though, you do need to confirm your Interspire status (as per the stickie here)... and yes I do accept donations... The impending baby will certainly make use of it :)).

I'll keep you posted.
dazzling

Post by dazzling »

Great script! Saved me loads of hassle! CHEERS!

Just one issue I can't fix. I run many other PHP CRON jobs from Windows Scheduler on my own dedicated we server.

However, when I try to run this it seems a getip() function is called in general.php which in turn looks for $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] and because this can't be found it falls over

PHP Notice: Undefined index: REMOTE_ADDR in C:\www.xxxxxxxxxx\lib\general.php on line 3167

Any ideas how I can address this?

Cheers

Darren
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

Hmm... not entirely sure at all to be honest as that's more core Interspire code and if it's causing problems here it should cause the same problems with Interspires own Froogle code.

My guess is that you may have an older version of PHP on your server and perhaps that's the first port of call... Certainly I'd recommend looking at that, but otherwise I'd try the admin Google Base code and see if that has the same issue... If it does then you can raise the issue with Interspire themselves.

I'd help but frankly I don't test my code in a win32 environment and don't have the necessary setup to do so as a result.
dazzling

Post by dazzling »

Hi Martin,

Thanks anyway.

I just "fooled" that function getip() by adding "$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] = 1" as the first line of froogle.php

My cron jobs are now running.

THANK YOU AGAIN!

Darren
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

LOL... well that's one way to fix a bug... I like it, even though my coding OCD head is trying to rebel ;)

Glad to help..
empirehorn
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by empirehorn »

Are there any new developments to this project?
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

empirehorn wrote:Are there any new developments to this project?
Because of this:
http://www.interspire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14392

... I've not had much chance but come this weekend (or the next) I should be tackling this and the requests I've had for similar feeds for shopping.com, etc...
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

Just completed a long overdue update to this mod.

It now creates up to three separate feeds for different currencies (assuming you have any other than default enabled).

GoogleBase (Now "marketplace") has the option to create feeds for:
- Germany
- UK
- USA

This latest update provides feeds for your default (assuming your default is already in one of those areas) and additional feeds in the target countries currency for the others... Because I assume most people have already submitted their froogle-export.xml file as the feed it will keep that file name for the default currency but others will be prepended... so for example, someone based in the UK with Euro's and USDollars enabled in currencies will get these feeds:

- froogle-export.xml (GBP currency)
- USD_froogle-export.xml (converted to USDollars)
- EUR_froogle-export.xml (converted to Euros)

This wasn't a particularly hard thing to code but if anyone wants to help pay me back for quite a bit of hard work over the past year then please think about donations either to me or to the Red Cross/Crescent... Seriously!

Thanks.. hope this proves useful... :ugeek: