Languages

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
meules
Confirmed
Confirmed

Languages

Post by meules »

Hey,

I'm desperate looking for an option to choose multiple languages, at least for the front end of my shop. Today I discoverd that the currency selector works is some sort of same way. Is there anybody who is willing to help and look into the code with me? Maybe somebody already made such addon. (in that case i'm willing to pay.)
Any help greatly appreciated
ISC v6
Tony Barnes

Re: Languages

Post by Tony Barnes »

This line:
$GLOBALS['ISC_CLASS_TEMPLATE']->FrontEnd();
in init.php seems to be the start point, as it then triggers:
public function ParseFrontendLangFile()
{
$frontLangFile = dirname(__FILE__) . "/../../language/".GetConfig('Language')."/front_language.ini";
$this->ParseLangFile($frontLangFile);
}
in lib/templates/template.php

So you'd want to have a separate lang file set up, and get this to switch somehow - I guess create a language selection box that sets a cookie, so that it can do a logic check based on that? The backend is set up in a similar way

Outwardly this is something that I'd likely be able to do, but nothing like as quickly as someone else on here I'd guess!!
meules
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by meules »

Tony,

Thanks for your reply. I've been trying to get this to work but so far only internal errors :(
I have set up a dropdown box with the languages english and german but I can't see how the code should swith between the two front_language.ini files. Tried it with some "if" this then "that" code but like I said no luck so far.
Any bit of help or another push in the right direction is more then welcome :D

Cheers
ISC v6
meules
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by meules »

I've managed to change the frontend language. Did this by creating a form with several languages and form action post with target admin/index.php?ToDo=saveUpdatedSettings. Well this takes me from frontend to backend which off courde isn't an option for a live site... :lol:... hehe. Nevertheless it worked though, finally after hours of trying i saw it CAN be done :o . For the different languages I used the two letter codes (like english is 'EN' etc) so this is something that can be used.
These two letter codes are also found in the header of the frontend mainpage so I'm trying to found a way to read the code from the header and change it somehow to a different landcode.

Maybe someone can help with this? Painstik can you do some of your magic?
ISC v6
best8845

Post by best8845 »

Bringing it back from the dead.

Can someone help me what to do to have a language setting option?
I only need this in the front-end.

Details step???

Please.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

Short answer... There currently isn't one..

BigCommerce version 7 allegedly has this functionality but every indication is that ISC will not see this version and Mitch, et al are doing their usual silence routine confirming nor denying that they can't communicate with paying customers, but proving it anyway.

It may be possible to sort out but as yet nobody has hacked anything because Interspire haven't said anything about what they're doing either.
best8845

Post by best8845 »

Take a look at this:

http://chirohorit.wordpress.com/2010/12 ... languages/

Anyone knows how to get the front-end option chooser implemented to the cart???

1. This will make the site appear in French only. For a front-end multilingual option chooser drop-down (or a series of flags to select a desired language), you would require a Panel (creating one requires PHP and Interspire convention skills) to be created and placed in a placeholder you want that to appear that will let you choose a language from the options.

2. You must use an editor that supports Unicode, if the language you want have characters beyond the regular layout of English. I use this: Notepad++.
Roydekker

Post by Roydekker »

You can download here the Dutch Interspire Shopping Cart Language