Free Item With Each Order

Mod, Add-on & other Development discussion
novista
Confirmed
Confirmed

Free Item With Each Order

Post by novista »

I suspect this comes under the heading of wish list but...

I have client who includes the same free item with each order. This item needs to be automatically added to the cart during checkout. It's weight must be included when retrieving the real time shipping quote. Any thoughts on how to automatically add a product to the cart without allowing the customer to remove it or change the quantity?
Michael Kopel
NovistaWeb.com
babyREFLUX

Re: Free Item With Each Order

Post by babyREFLUX »

Hi Michale...what version of the software is your client using?
novista
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by novista »

Hi Jonathan,

They are on 5.05. A new requirement is that not only is there a free item to be included but there is a second free item if their order subtotal is more than X dollars. I feel like I have seen something like this but just cant place it.

Thanks,
Michael
Michael Kopel
NovistaWeb.com
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

I can take a look if you like but you'd have to promise to talk very loudly about how amazing my 7337 coding skills were...

The only thing I'd question though is whether you'd want to block someone from deleting the item if it's "free"... I suspect there are some customers nowadays who think.. "thanks but no thanks" and would get miffed if they were forced to take it... Oh and if they had to pay for the shipping, well... you can imagine.. Just a thought...
novista
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by novista »

Thanks for responding everyone. We are going to create a new Discount Rule via the Promotions page. Along the lines of how the rules work now, there will be a new option ... Spend $X and get x number of a [select a product] product free. I'll let you know how it goes.
Michael Kopel
NovistaWeb.com