Enough with Interspires own forums

News, updates and release information
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Enough with Interspires own forums

Post by Martin »

I personally have reached the end of my tether with Interspires lip service to customers, many of whom have paid anything over $1,000 for a product that is replete with wow factor features that on closer inspection provide a distinctly unsatisfactory experience. That in itself is bad enough but the complete lack of communication or willingness to admit that BigCommerce is their only product now is making the situation completely untenable. Sadly I fear concerns expressed about the future of ISC are proving well founded and it's just a case of when, rather than if, their existing product base will be abandoned.

There's also the rather frustrating issue of continuous logouts being forced on users on Interspires forums so this place obviously provides a much less frustrating experience too.

Anyway, rather than continue to post in the Interspires forums I've decided to devote my bug reports, fixes and general comments on the Shopping Cart system to these forums... If I do respond on Interspires forums I'm going to quote the original post here, provide the fix or comment and simply post a link on the Interspire forum so the OP can see the response.

Until now I've stayed away from suggesting that people abandon the Interspire forums but now I'd actively encourage it... If nothing else it gets the complaints, the bugs AND the solutions out in the public domain where other Interspire customers or potential customers can see what this company are REALLY like but more importantly find someone who might actually be able to give them some help.

It may require a change of name and domain to avoid issues such as legal threats (which have been discussed and even hinted at) but my raison d'etre remains trying to get some value for money from the products I've purchased from a company that really doesn't seem to care one jot about its customer base.

Entirely up to you if you decide to join me in making this the primary Interspire forum or not, so maybe see you around :)
CharlieFoxtrot
Confirmed
Confirmed

Re: Enough with Interspires own forums

Post by CharlieFoxtrot »

Until now I've stayed away from suggesting that people abandon the Interspire forums but now I'd actively encourage it...
Already done, my friend!

Every word you wrote is absolutely true. Like you, I've long suspected that their neglect of their core users is part of a larger and long-term transition to BC only.
There's also the rather frustrating issue of continuous logouts being forced on users on Interspires forums
They don't care. They just don't care. Their priorities are clear. The neglect cannot be denied. It is their bright flashing Las Vegas neon sign that says "WE DON'T CARE!" ~ Thanks for the money. You're on your own. Tough break, kid."
ISC 4.0.7

"... and let's be honest that whole "by design" thing is getting old too."
CharlieFoxtrot
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by CharlieFoxtrot »

It may require a change of name and domain to avoid issues such as legal threats (which have been discussed and even hinted at)
What an absurd response to a discussion forum. Petty. Juvenile.

Clearly this is a grass-roots group of folks that's NOT FOR PROFIT (not a single Google-ad anywhere). This forum does not advocate piracy, it does not provide ANY information, techniques or links on how to "null" their software... instead it fills in the gaps of their woefully inadequate support.

True, the existence of this discussion form speaks VOLUMES about Interspire's broken forums, misplaced priorities, shoddy support, missing features, and fragile programming... but on the other hand... this forum does offer them the possibility of KEEPING customers and GAINING new ones who are willing to use the advice, hacks and mods that forums like this one provide.

Considering the fact that websites like "ebay-sucks" are able to exist... I doubt that Interspire has very strong legal footing to prevent you from keeping the InterspireD domain name. ~ But just because a case has no merit does not prevent them from abusing the process, and causing you undue expense and hassle just to keep the domain.

Such an effort on their part would indeed be a very revealing commentary about their (lack of) priorities.

I'm not suggesting that the forum be renamed "Interspire-sucks"... although we do our fair share of complaining here, the main purpose of this forum is to provide support, tips, hints, fixes, ideas, hacks and to improve our experience... and to make the MOST of our hefty investment.
ISC 4.0.7

"... and let's be honest that whole "by design" thing is getting old too."
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

CharlieFoxtrot wrote:I'm not suggesting that the forum be renamed "Interspire-sucks"... although we do our fair share of complaining here, the main purpose of this forum is to provide support, tips, hints, fixes, ideas, hacks and to improve our experience... and to make the MOST of our hefty investment.
Agreed and once I've gotten the latest dose of righteous ire out of my system that's really what I'm going to be focusing on... I just find it so incredibly naive of a so called marketing guru that he'd rather play with new toys rather than trying to fix the problems with the existing ones. It's not like the customer base is going to go quietly into the night and ignore all the new GetSatisfaction spaces, twitter or Facebook...

Anyway... *smacks self around the cheeks*... Constructive thoughts from here on out... My rant quota is over for today... *buffs up halo* ;)
Tony Barnes

Post by Tony Barnes »

I'll happily help here as much as possible

Will be tricky to "overthrow" the other site, as that is where new customer will go by default really...
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

Tony Barnes wrote:I'll happily help here as much as possible

Will be tricky to "overthrow" the other site, as that is where new customer will go by default really...
Oh heck it's not an insurrection!

I am quite simply sick of seeing people post up on a forum where they're told "[Interspire] read every post" when it's patently obvious that is BS. Folks get frustrated and nothing happens until ChrisB can't take it anymore and does the job of whichever idiot should be monitoring the forum.

13 months to fix one bug reported more than 10 times is just plain nuts (not roasted :))

If nothing else it'll either force Interspire management to take a truely public (and indexable) forum seriously or get then treating their own space (and the customers on it!) with more respect.

Optimist? Maybe. :)
Tony Barnes

Post by Tony Barnes »

You an optimist?? lol, pull the other one!! :lol:

It does beggar belief how long some solved problems have stayed in the works, very odd...
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

Tony Barnes wrote:You an optimist?? lol, pull the other one!! :lol:
Ok... perhaps being optimistic about being an optimist... Perhaps I'm just opressed or something... *wibble*
It does beggar belief how long some solved problems have stayed in the works, very odd...
Ain't it though...

Right... back to work for me... :)
manamana
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by manamana »

:D Hi everybody... remember me? I'm happily residing over at the CS-Cart forums. I had a PM here so I thought I'd check in. It looks like things haven't changed, except maybe for the worse. :o Moving to CS-Cart was the best decision I made. I can't even remember how much $$$$ I wasted on the ISC Virtual Mall.... I have put it out of my memory. Of course CS-Cart has bugs too but the ones that have affected me were fixed within a reasonable time. :idea:
ISC 5.0.5 Multi-Vendor Edition - Already abandoned ship for CS-Cart 2.0 - LOVE IT!
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

Well... somehow I forgot my decision until recently but the spammers did really give me a case of camel back breaking straw style reasons to just quit.

It's pretty obvious the forums are all but done for so if you have anything useful over there you need to save, go grab a copy while you still can... I imagine it'll all be gone in the next few months.