Upgrading TinyMCE in IKM

For all things IKM
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Upgrading TinyMCE in IKM

Post by Martin »

I had to do this because I wanted to install a custom plugin and frankly it's p*ssed me off that Interspire have been so reticent to do this for nigh on 3 years themselves [include=standard_rant_about_poor_service_high_maintenance_etc]

Here's the run down using the latest version of Tiny MCE as was a few days ago (version: 3.5.1.1 - Release 2012-05-25)
  1. Download the new version and extract
  2. Rename the old tiny_mce folder (in /admin/includes ) to something like tiny_mce-OLD
  3. Copy the new tiny_mce folder across to take the old ones place
  4. Open: /admin/templates/editor.tpl
    Find:

Code: Select all

plugins : "safari,pagebreak,style,layer,table,save,advimage,advlink,media,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,fullscreen,visualchars,nonbreaking,xhtmlxtras,template,inlinepopups,preview,syntaxhl",
    ... and replace with:

Code: Select all

plugins : "safari,pagebreak,style,layer,table,save,advimage,advlink,media,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,fullscreen,visualchars,nonbreaking,xhtmlxtras,template,inlinepopups,preview",
    (syntaxhl seems to break things so just disable it)
... and that's about it.

For those probably ready to ask about whether this can be done in ISC... I'll tackle that later when time allows.
Designer666

Re: Upgrading TinyMCE in IKM

Post by Designer666 »

Hello, I know it's been a few years but any luck with that extra post in regards to upgrading for ISC? Thanks in advance.