Product Review Emails

Tips, Tricks, How To Guides, etc..
markjs

Product Review Emails

Post by markjs »

Hi,

I'm still plodding on with Interspire SC (6.1.1) but I'd really like to add some marketing functionality to request customers to review their purchases. I've managed to fudge something around email status changes but would really prefer a more automated method as per Bigcommerce functionality.

Most of the template code is there to see but not the inner workings. Has anyone managed to set this sort of thing up on their own store?

The functionality should be to send emails to customers asking them to review products they have purchased X days after the order is marked as Shipped or Completed.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Makr

EDIT, just realised this may not be in the best part of the forum, please move if you want.
CharlieFoxtrot
Confirmed
Confirmed

Re: Product Review Emails

Post by CharlieFoxtrot »

Hi Markjs!

I'm sorry I don't have any answers on how to automate the process you've described... but I did want to let you know that I really like your idea of using status-changes to manually generate an email. I agree it's an imperfect solution... but I'd never thought of it... and it's an idea that I'm willing to try. ~ Thanks for sharing it!
ISC 4.0.7

"... and let's be honest that whole "by design" thing is getting old too."
markjs

Re: Product Review Emails

Post by markjs »

Well I have it working but I'm only asking customers to review the products, I'm not actually providing links and thumbnails to every product they've purhcased which is my next step. The use of Globals seems to be a bit random in the results I'm achieving, even when using the invoice email as a template. :cry: